What is a brand?
Seth Godin defines a brand as:
“A brand is the set of expectations, memories, stories and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another. If the consumer (whether it’s a business, a buyer, a voter or a donor) doesn’t pay a premium, make a selection or spread the word, then no brand value exists for that consumer”.
If you think about a personal brand, as opposed to a business brand, perhaps this definition from Ron Desi rings true for you:
“Your personal brand tells the world about you. Your brand tells the world what you stand for, what your values are, what your expertise is, and ultimately why the world should even care”.
So which do you need right now?
Are you an entrepreneur with a burning desire to take your personal passion, your skills and your perspective to those who need you and are looking to develop a personal brand that truly reflects who you, what you stand for and the results you can deliver?
Are you developing a new business that has a distinct audience and prospective clientele and you want to make sure that your business brand starts off strongly and is engaging and appealing to your ideal clients?
Or are you either of these, but feeling that you have outgrown your current look and message and want to revitalise your image and your position so you can create the next level of impact and engage your clients in a whole new way?
Branding is way more than just having a spiffy looking logo and an engaging brand promise that is communicated via a catchy tagline (though we do love to produce those!)
Developing your brand equity over time involves clear and consistent visual and verbal communication across all of your marketing activities. It means living up to and indeed exceeding your customers’ expectations. It means delivering on your promises in an engaging and committed way.
Brand attributes must be:
- Grounded in your business’s core values
- Clearly relevant and engaging to your target market
- Able to create a positive emotional attachment
- Repeated internally and externally within your organisation
- Consistent across advertising and marketing mediums
- Known and echoed by employees and business partners
And because we feel that people choose to engage with you and select your services because they feel understood, not because they understand what you have to offer, branding is an experience, not a process.
An active commitment to brand development forms part of your overall client engagement marketing strategy and we can help you to identify and develop the activities that will support its growth from infancy to full bodied adulthood!
The first step is the visual component of your brand – your logo:
Our Logo Design Packages include:
- Fixed prices
- Assistance with developing your business name (bring on the thesaurus and a load of creativity tools) We’ll also check the National Names Index AND for the precise or associated URL to make sure no one has beaten you to it
- Creation of 3 logo concepts with two rounds of changes
- All industry standard files provided
- Guaranteed original artwork production
- A style guide
- A zipped email logo pack and a hard copy disc pack
From we can move onto developing your byline, client avatar, key marketing messages and elevator pitch in one of our “Articulate” sessions (optional but oh so recommended!)
- This involves a session (either by skype, phone or in our offices) with our fantabulous copywriter who, through a series of questions, will flush out the key challenges, fears, motivations and desires of your ideal clients and develop them into a profile that you’ll return to again and again to measure your marketing against
- We will also discuss the biggest benefit or result you deliver and the message you wish to convey that differentiates you from everyone else and build this into your snappy and succinct byline
- From these we create your key marketing messages – the 3-4 central messages that will resonate with and engage your ideal clients and should form the basis of all of your core communication to build your brand equity over time
- And finally, we put together a suggested elevator pitch – an engaging and compelling answer to that question “so, what do you do…” that can so often see us tongue tied… not any more!
You can even add on a Stationery Pack that includes:
- the design of business cards, letterhead, with comp slips and a presentation folder
- optional printing service
Yep, there is certainly more to branding than meets the eye…. Shall we have a conversation about it? Call us on 1300 998 558!
By the way, When we are designing a great new logo and identity for you we believe:
Simplicity is the key
Much like meeting someone for the first time, your logo has a short time to make a good impression! Your name is vital to the logo design, it should leave no room for misinterpretation and it will often be accompanied by an icon. The icon or symbol is the visual reinforcement that carries an emotional response. Is this a corporate company, an interior decorator, an accountant or a kids party business?
Functionality is critical
Can your logo be printed in one colour on a pen and still be recognisable? Are the elements clear, not obscured by the overuse of embellishments, techniques or colours. Does it still have impact in black and white to reproduce in a newspaper?
We don’t need to be too radical
Your logo doesn’t need to be complicated and embellished to stand out. Fads come and go with logos just as with clothing. We are looking for that ‘little black dress’ idea for your logo, the one that you can you keep in your business wardrobe for a long time and know that it will still look stylish and communicate and reflect your core identity.
Contact us to discuss how we can work with you to define and build your brand.
“…an excellent branding job…”
We are a start-up business which were about to start distributing the latest in energy saving lighting products. Our products are unique and we are the only provider in the world. We came to Ideas Into Action after a referral looking for company branding, website development and marketing planning. Angela and her team were very prepared for our first meeting and immediately identified the unique aspects of our products. They did an excellent job in developing our company brand. They also guided us in developing a great marketing plan and a beautiful website.